Declutter Every Day in December Day 3 - Bags



We're back at it again, and this time you've definitely got this one in the bag!

Hehe.

Today we are decluttering bags.  Notice I didn't say purses/handbags.  I mean every single type of bag you can imagine.  I think you might be surprised at just how many bags you can accumulate!  You know the drill by now ... pull those bags out onto the floor!  Here's a list of bags you should be including in today's declutter:
  • Purses/Handbags
  • Satchels
  • Backpacks
  • Laptop/Camera/Equipment Bags
  • Makeup Bags
  • Travel Bags
  • Suitcases/Carry-on Bags
  • Beach Bags
  • Wallets/Wristlets/Clutches
  • Plastic Bags (I know I'm not the only one with a bag of bags ...)
  • Paper Bags
  • Reusable Bags (you'd be surprised how these pile up!)
  • Garbage Bags 
  • Any other type of bag you can think of 😀
I wish I had taken pictures of this, but I did this at 2:00 in the morning, and wasn't thinking too clearly.  But as I'm sure you can imagine, I had a lot of bags.

And again, you know the drill.  Create your keep, donate, sell, and trash piles, and begin to sort.  If it's broken or damaged beyond repair, let it go.  If you have duplicates, let them go.  You know you don't need that many makeup bags!  If you haven't used it in over a year, let it go.  If you think it's ugly or childish, let it go.  If it does not add value to your life, let it go.

Image result for let it go
Image Source

Now in regards to the plastic/garbage/paper/reusable bags - Even if you have excess of these items, I recommend hanging onto them.  You will always need these items in some capacity.  Just store them all in an accessible place, and avoid purchasing more of these bags until you have used up your excess.

And like before, put your items away, and distribute your giveaway items accordingly.  And you're done!  If you haven't already sold/given away your items yet, I recommend holding out for one more day!   Tomorrow's declutter will wrap up the clothing/accessories portion of this challenge, so be sure to check back to see what we're doing!

Cheers to letting it all go!

xoxo, Jayy

Comments

Popular Posts