Declutter Every Day in December Day 6 - Your Phone

Hello again!  Yesterday we decluttered our technology, and got rid of the items that no longer added value to our lives.  For the next couple of days we are going to look a little closer at some of those items, and get rid of the things they hold that are no longer useful to us.

Today we are taking a closer look at our phones.  How much stuff is stored on your phone that you don't need?  How many apps do you not use?  How many pictures do you have that could be deleted? (I mean how many selfies from the same day do you need to keep?  You've posted one already ... get rid of the rest!)  Are you perhaps on too many social media sites?  Maybe you could downsize your music collection?  There have to be a few contacts that you no longer need to have saved in your phone.

Now, not all of the files you are deleting need to be permanently deleted.  Grab one of those USB keys or hard drives you uncovered yesterday, and transfer those items!  Some things can be kept in a safe place, freeing up your phone's memory to capture new memories, or download new songs, or try new apps.

Isn't it surprising how much we store on our phones that we don't need?  Today I managed to clear out about 1 GB of space on my phone, including contacts, pictures, videos, and 1 app.  I'm even going through my apps like Spotify to delete songs from my phone to make room.  Is it weird that my phone kind of feels lighter?  I actually plan to continue to declutter my phone and transfer photos and videos from over a year ago to my external hard drive, so I can take lots of pictures this holiday season.

How did your phone declutter go?  Let me know in the comments below!

xoxo, Jayy

Comments

Popular Posts