Sell, Sell, Sell [#MoneySavingMondays]



Money Saving Tip of the Day: Sell your stuff!

I recently discovered that there was a Plato's Closet about half an hour away from my house.  This was probably the best discovery I had made in a long time.  Remember all that stuff I decluttered?  Shoes, clothes, accessories, cosmetics ... It was all decluttered, and sitting in bags in my room.  I didn't want to give my good quality stuff away for free, but I had no idea what to do with it.  Selling to a consignment store is a great way to make a little cash, which can go towards your savings, or towards little day to day purchases like coffee or lunch.

Consignment stores like Plato's Closet, or websites like eBay, Etsy, thredUP, etc. are all great ways for you to make money while on your minimalist journey.  Keep any items that are in good condition, and sell them using these platforms to make some extra cash.  Just remember that these selling platforms keep a percentage of your profits, or charge you a fee for advertising your items.  Plato's Closet, for example, will only give you 30% of their selling price.  However cash in the hand is better than nothing, right?

What are your money saving tips?  Share them in the comments below!

Cheers to cash!

xoxo, Jayy

Comments

Popular Posts