Whipped Coconut Oil (& How it Saved My Life)



Today I'm returning to my DIY roots to share with you the easiest, laziest DIY in the history of DIYs.

I don't know who thought of whipped coconut oil, but I'd like to give them an award.  Whipped coconut oil has become a winter hair staple for me, because of how versatile and simple this stuff is to use.




Now I know you're wondering why even go to the trouble of whipping coconut oil.  Well, if you live in a colder climate, you know what winter does to your coconut oil.  I have gone to use coconut oil in the dead of winter, and found that my coconut oil is rock solid - not fun.  For me, whipped coconut oil is easier to use on my face, body and hair, as the consistency is smoother and more like moisturizer.  And with Valentine's day coming up, whipped coconut oil is one of the most versatile (wink) gifts you could give to anyone you love.  Literally.  Everyone needs coconut oil.  Unless you're allergic, in which case I pity you.

I digress.

Are you ready to whip up a batch a fluffy goodness?

You will need:

Solid Coconut oil.
Hand mixer.
Bowl.
Spatula.
Storage container.







Instructions:
  1. Spoon your solid coconut oil into a bowl of your choosing.  Just dump the whole jar in.  It does have to be solid, or it won't work.
  2. Stick the hand mixer into the bowl.
  3. Turn the hand mixer on.
  4. Mix for 5-8 minutes (or until mixture is white and creamy).
  5. Spoon into storage container.
  6. Enjoy light and fluffy coconut goodness.
And you're done!

Hope this recipe rocked your world as much as it rocked mine!

- xoxo, Jayy

Comments

Popular Posts