Propping Up The Sky.


 Life is busy.  And stressful.  And that doesn't change after you finish school.  I think it actually gets busier, especially because you no longer have a winter/spring/summer/fall break to look forward to.

For the past few weeks, I've been running around as though the sky were caving in on me.  It's been hectic both personally and professionally, and somehow in the midst of it all, I've turned into a cynical little pessimist. 

I think we all have those "sky is falling" moments, where we feel as though life is raining down on us, and we're spending our time running for cover.  I think it's important that we expect these moments, and view them as opportunities for growth rather than opportunities to sulk or complain.  

It's all about outlook, and how we handle situations.  We can do one of two things - dodge the pieces of the sky as they rain down, or focus on propping up the sky.  And there's no universally right or wrong choice - sometimes it's better to try to fix something that is coming apart at the seams, sometimes it's better to let it fall apart, and then work on rebuilding it.  The trick is to know what is right for the situation at hand.

Right now, I'm propping up the sky.  It's not time for me to give up and rebuild, so I'm working to fix what I already have.  It's a lot of work, but that's kind of the beauty of it.  Things might be caving in, but I'm determined to hold them together until it's time to rebuild.  

I guess I'm not such a pessimist after all.

Cheers to the sky.  May we always have the strength to do what is necessary when it begins to cave in on us.

- xoxo, Jayy

Comments

Popular Posts