DIY Beauty: Homemade Charcoal Face Wash

That new Biore charcoal cleanser seems to be taking the world by storm.  However I'm not one to fall for those crazy skincare gimmicks anymore.  So when I found this awesome recipe for a charcoal facial wash, I had to try it out!

I have made some small adjustments to suit my (oily) skin and the changing climate where I live (it's getting warmer!!), so I have posted my altered recipe below!

For my version, you will need:
- 3 tablespoons of Activated Charcoal
- 1 cup of Coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of Vitamin E oil
- 1 tsp of Tea Tree oil (If you use this, you cannot rub the face wash over your eyes as it will burn.  A LOT.)

Combine the ingredients together well.  If you live in a warmer (or warming) climate, you will want to store the face wash in the fridge or in a cool place where the coconut oil will remain solid.  Take it from me: it is not fun to have melted coconut oil spilling all over your pants.

Use this wash once daily.  Apply to wet face, and wash off with warm water.  Be careful around the eye area, as the charcoal could get into the eyes (you definitely don't want that).  Wash your face thoroughly, as you want to avoid getting the charcoal stuck in folds in your skin.

Hope some of you find this to be a helpful and cheaper alternative to buying the charcoal facial cleansers that are no doubt about to take the world by storm!

Cheers to natural facial washes!

- xoxo, Jayy

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts