DIY Beauty: Biotin Update Week Two (April 23rd - 29th)

Hey all!  I'm back with my weekly biotin update!  This week passed by back so fast ... I almost forgot to make this post!

I am currently consuming 5300 mcgs of biotin daily - 5000 mcgs of biotin pills, and 300 mcgs of biotin in my daily multivitamin.  

Last week, I attempted the Inversion Method with some results ... I think.  I am still skeptical.  According to my ruler, I gained 0.5 cm, but I may not have measured right to begin with.  As you can tell from the poorly taken pictures below, it doesn't look like I have gained much growth.



















Either way, I am definitely starting off this week with 1.5 cm of new growth.  I have divided the rest of the update into categories that will hopefully will make this post simpler to read than the last one!

Skin
I began this week with some rather large breakouts on my chin and cheeks.  I am starting to notice acne that I am pretty sure is a result of taking the biotin.  By mid-week, I had some very painful acne around my chin and hairline, but this cleared up by the end of the week.  However, those pimples were replaced by small bumps that took over my face.  This happened the last time I took biotin too.  I exfoliated and applied a mineral face mask from The Body Shop, and my skin was back to normal (some acne, but not too much) bu the next day.

Nails
No changes noticed!

Hair
Turns out that I was not wrong about my hair growth from last week!  My hair appears to normally grow at a rate of 0.5 cm per week.  I'm unsure if this is due to the biotin, as I haven't measured my hair growth prior to starting the biotin.  HOWEVER my hair grew slightly over 1 cm in the month and a half prior to taking biotin, so I guess the biotin is working after all!  It's interesting how slow my hair actually grows ... No changes noted in my body hair, eyebrows or eyelashes either.

Water Intake
I managed to drink between 5-7 500 mL bottles of water every day.

Results
It's been overcast all week and my roots don't show up as well in artificial lighting/flash.  This picture isn't the best, but I'm hoping it's enough for you to see the roots!  Ignore the messy hair .. I had to upload this straight from my phone!


As I mentioned before, I gained 0.5 cm this week.  That puts my overall hair growth at 2 cm since I last dyed it!  woo hoo! :)

Well, that's it for week two!  So far, the biggest changes I've been noting are on my skin.  I wish I had kept a record of how the biotin worked for me when I first took it ... I remember almost nothing from then.  But, you live and you learn!

- xoxo, Jayy

Questions? Maybe the following links can help you!
My first time taking biotin, why I stopped, and why I re-started.
My first week retaking biotin.
Why I'm on a hair journey.
My list of recommended products:


If the links don't help, don't hesitate to leave me a comment below!

Comments

Popular Posts