DIY Beauty: Coffee Body Scrub


Are you addicted to coffee?  Were you drawn to this article by the word "coffee"?  I don't blame you.  I would be too.  I am a recovering coffee addict, and I'm a huge fan of natural exfoliators. I was excited to find this recipe hidden away on The Coco Magazine and thought I would try it for myself!  Not only is it an amazing (almost completely) natural scrub, but the caffeine from the coffee is reportedly good for keeping skin youthful and glowing!  With a few tweaks, here is my DIY recipie!

For this DIY, you will need:
- Ground Coffee (I used 2 tbsp)
- Brown Sugar (I used 2 tbsp)
- Melted Coconut Oil (I eyeballed ... but used about 2 tbsp)
- Grapeseed Oil (Eyeballed again, about a tbsp)
- Storage Jar
- Mixing Spoon

I made a small amount of this scrub to start, and I use it solely on my feet (I would rather not have not have my hands and body smell like coffee, it might drive me to drink too much!).  Simply combine the coffee and sugar, while you melt the coconut oil in a double boiler or a microwave.  When the coconut oil has melted, stir in the grapeseed oil, and then add to the coffee and sugar mixture.  Mix well, and then add to your storage jar!  Seal tightly, and store in a cool dark place.

Hope you enjoyed this recipe!  I apologize for the lack of photos ... My camera is currently not working and I'm working on getting a replacement.  Hopefully I have one for the next blog post!

Until then, cheers for soft coffee-scented skin! (And fingers crossed for my camera!)

xoxo, Jayy

Comments

Popular Posts