DIY Fashion: Owl Charm Bracelet with Jump Ring Chain

I've caught the jewellery making bug!!  I found some adorable owl charms and wanted to make an owl bracelet for a friend for Christmas!  This one is slightly different from the other one I made, so I thought I'd make a post!

This isn't quite a tutorial because I didn't take adequate pictures, but I'll do my best to explain what I did!

You will need:
- Jewellery making pliers
- Jump Rings
- A Toggle and Clasp closure
- Three Owl Charms

To make the jump ring chain, simply open one jump ring, slip in two jump rings and the toggle, and close the jump ring.  Open another jump ring, slip in two jump rings, and attach to the two jump rings already connected to the clasp.  Repeat these (poorly explained) steps until your chain has reached its desired length, and then attach the clasp to the end of the chain using a single jump ring.

I made a double chain, so if you wish to do the same then simply repeat the jump ring chain making process as before, attaching the toggle and clasp to either end of the chain.

Once you've completed the chain, add the charms!  I chose to attach the charms to the same chain, but you could attach the charms to different chains to add depth to the bracelet.  Find the middle point of your bracelet by folding it in half. Attach the owl charm to the jump ring that was in the center of the bracelet.  Use a jump ring to attach the owl charm to the center jump ring.  Attach the other two charms on either side of the center jump ring.  I again simply found the 1/4 and 3/4 mark of the bracelet using the folding method, and then attached the charms using jump rings.  Make sure all the charms are facing the same way!!

And that's it!  Hope you enjoyed this quickie post.  

Cheers to more affordable Christmas gifts!

xoxo, Jayy

Comments

Popular Posts