DIY Decor: Wall Art Ideas!

Instead of DIY instructions, today's post is a bunch of pictures of DIY wall-art I've made over the past few months.  Hope this inspires you guys to do something fun for you walls! The next time I make something, I'll make a tutorial, promise!

1. Shoebox Canvas

I made this "canvas" using an old shoebox, some wall paint samples, and some stencils purchased from the dollar store!



2. Wax Paper, Glitter and Bows
For this one I used some cheap green ribbon, gold glitter glue that came in a squeeze bottle, and the same stencils shown above.  I painted the roses on wax paper first, then covered a few of them in glitter.  I wrapped the wax paper around a piece of coloured cardboard to make it a bit more sturdy.

3. Fleur de Lis

I designed the background with some French words, symbols and different fonts. (If you would like the background, be sure to let me know!  I will email it to you.  Or try to figure out how to post it so you can download it.  Depends on demand.)  Then I painted a stenciled shape (from the same set of dollar store stencils) onto a rectangle of paper, and lined two sides with ribbon.  Stick the stencil on top of the French words and voila! 

4. Quote

Pretty straightforward.  Printed a quote, painted designs on it.

5. Dried Flowers

This wasn't the best picture, but it's what's on my wall right now.  I used some dried flower petals and glued them over the ribbons.  There is some more detail but since you can't see it, I won't bother making this confusing and long.

New tutorials coming soon, just need to find the time to write them!

- xo, Jayy

Comments

Popular Posts