Do It Yourself! [#MoneySavingMondays]
I'm willing to bet that a large number of services you pay for can be done at home for free. Don't believe me? Here are some services that I used to/currently pay for that I for SURE can do at home for a fraction of the cost:
2. Oil change
3. Detailing your car (grab a vacuum and go for it!)
4. Dry cleaning (hand-wash those clothes girl/guy/person!)
5. Facials (Check out the 'Beauty" tab for some awesome DIY face masks!)
6. Colour your hair (as long as you're not trying to do anything fancy, dye your own hair my friend)
7. Make your own coffee (skip those drive-thru lineups! You'd be surprised at how much you save)
8. Trim your hair (and now you know you won't get scissor happy!)
9. Grooming your eyebrows, beard etc.
10. Hair removal (waxing especially!)
I could go on, but it's getting late and I'm sleepy. But there are 10 different tasks that you could save time and money on by doing yourself. Ok some of them might take up some more time, but it's worth it in the end. I mean, if you're not busy, why not give yourself a manicure or tweeze those brows! You'll learn a new skill, and become less dependent on others to provide certain services for you.
At the same time, balance your DIY undertakings with your need for self care. If you need to go get a mani/pedi, do it and enjoy every minute of it! But do your research - chose an affordable salon, pick a cheaper service, space out your salon visits. Do what you need to do, but be money smart while you do it!
That's it for today folks. Cheers to doing it on your own!