Spring Cleaning for Mental Clarity.

"Mental happiness is total relaxation."

Back in the Winter, I wrote a post about how I cope with the winter blues.  Many of those tips involve hibernating and keeping to myself.  But now that Spring is here and the Winter blues are fading away, it's time for me to reorganize my life in a way that allows me to feel renewed, refreshed, and revitalized.  I also reorganize my space in a way that clears the leftover fog and fuzz from the winter blues.  So without further ado, here are my tips for spring cleaning for mental clarity!

1. Put away winter items.
Moving winter coats, accessories, boots, heavy knits, and winter decor out of sight is one of the best ways to renew your space for spring.  If you're living minimally, this won't take long.  But if you're still on the path to minimalism (like me), this is a great opportunity to purge items you haven't reached for that winter, or items that are worn out and need to be tossed.  Put anything you're keeping in a drawer, or in the back of your closet.  If your seasonal items are out of sight, that season will also be out of mind!

2. Open a window.
Fresh spring air is amazing for clarity of mind.  While you're working on decluttering your indoor spaces, open your windows and let your space be refreshed.  Let that stale winter air move out, and welcome the fresh scent of spring in!

3. Make a spring playlist!
I find that my taste in music changes as the seasons do.  Music is a big part of my life in any season, so changing up my music to fit the season is one of the best ways to lighten the mood, and get me ready to tackle spring cleaning!

4. Thoroughly clean your space.
This is a given for spring cleaning, but cleaning your space from top to bottom is the best way to kick start your move to mental clarity.  For me, this means clearing off all spaces, wiping everything down, and sorting items out before putting them back.  This also means purging decor items if I have to.  This is in preparation for my next tip ...

5. Re-organize your space.
Not everyone wants to/can afford to redecorate their space each season.  But reorganizing furniture and decor items can help your space feel new, even if you haven't actually introduced new items into the space.  Trust me, your mind will feel renewed, as if you have moved into a completely new space!

6. Spend more time outdoors.
While this isn't really about spring cleaning, this tip is essential for mental clarity.  Being outdoors has so many benefits for you, physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.  This tip could be a blog post in itself!  Just get outside and enjoy a cup of tea on a porch, backyard, or balcony.  Go out for a meal, and enjoy the patio.  Take a walk, sit by the lake, hike through a forest.  Get outside.  Your entire self will be refreshed!

And there you have it - my six tips for spring cleaning to inspire mental clarity.

Do you have any spring cleaning tips?  If so, leave them in the comment section below!

Cheers to a clearer state of mind!

xoxo, Jayy

Comments

Popular Posts