Resolutions.

I set resolutions for myself year after year, and it's no surprise that I've rarely achieved them. I'm scared to set goals for myself because I'm scared that I won't achieve them.  And I let that fear run my life.  When I set goals for myself they are so easy to achieve, things that are safe that require minimal effort.

Its normal to be afraid of making mistakes.  But I let that fear control me.  I'm obsessed with doing the "right" thing, making the choice with the least potential for "failure".  And then I watch with a heavy heart as others take risks and live the life I so badly want. 

So this year I'm trying to change that.  I'm resolving to change my attitude towards life.  To actually seek out the change I desire, rather than wait for opportunities to come to me.  I'm resolving to challenge failure, to see it as a teacher and a guide rather than the enemy.  This year the resolution is simply to try. 

Jayy

Comments

Popular Posts