Sereni-Tea.


In a few of my self-care posts (like this one, and this one), I talk about incorporating tea into my self-care routines.  There's something soothing about the process of making a cup of tea, especially a cup of loose-leaf tea.  It just gets you in the mood to slow down and relax!

I thought I'd share my top five teas with you today.  These are great hot or cold, making them great for the mixed-up weather we're having right now in my city.  I store my teas in my DIY Tea Chest, which you can see how I made by clicking here!

I also do not drink my tea with any milk, and rarely add sweetener.  When I do use sweetener, I use about a teaspoon of agave syrup, which I purchase from a local health food store.  I brew my teas using stainless steel tea filters or my travel tea mug, all purchased from Teavana or David's Tea.  I also am a fan of teas that taste great hot or cold, as I often will brew a big cup of hot tea and forget about it halfway through, returning to it after it's cooled.  

Now, onto the teas!  The teas I will share today are all from David's Tea, but I will share my other favourites in another post!

1. Alpine Punch 
(Rooibos Tea)
Alpine Punch
Image Source
Click Here to Purchase

Ingredients: Rooibos, coconut chips (coconut, coconut fat, sugar), coconut rasps, apple, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, black pepper, rose blossoms, almonds, natural and artificial almond cream flavouring.



I received this tea as a gift from a friend, and surprisingly it has become a favourite of mine.  With its sweet almond cream flavouring, this tea is perfect without any added sugar.

2. Guava Cadabra 
(Herbal Tea)

Guava Cadabra
Image Source
Click Here to Purchase

Ingredients: Mango (mango, sugar), apple, hibiscus blossoms, elderberries, guava crunchy (guava and apple puree, apple juice), mango, beetroot, rosehips, artificial flavouring.

I was wary about this tea, but its delicious scent won me over.  This tea is sweetened with the mango and apple flavours, but has the tangyness of the guava.  A great tea to drink hot or cold, without sweetener!


3. Me To We Tea 
(Herbal Tea)

ME to WE tea
Image Source
Click Here to Purchase

Ingredients: Apple, pineapple (pineapple, cane sugar, citric acid, sulfites), hibiscus, fig, pink peppercorns, cranberry, cornflower, stevia extract, natural raspberry, cherry and passion fruit flavouring.

This is another tea that I was skeptical about, but the in-store sample won me over.  This is another, that tastes great hot or cold.  The apple, pineapple, cane sugar, and stevia extract all sweeten the tea enough, to the point where it does not need additional sweetener.  Proceeds from this tea go to support the provision of clean drinking water for a village in Kenya, which is an added bonus!


4. Spearmint 
(Herbal Tea, Kosher, Organic)

Ingredients: Spearmint leaves from Oregon and Washington State.

I have always loved the taste of mint tea - it was one of my grandmother's favourites.  This simple tea tastes great with a squeeze of lime!

5. Detox 
(Green Tea, Fair Trade, Kosher, Organic)
Detox
Image Source
Click Here to Purchase

Ingredients: Rooibos (FairTrade Certified), sencha green tea, lemongrass, ginger, juniper berries, ginkgo. With natural lemon flavouring.

Lemongrass is another favourite - I use to take baths in it as a child.  I love drinking this tea black, as I do with my peppermint tea.

And that's it!  My top 5 teas from David's Tea.  Stay tuned for a post with some more of my favs, including those from other tea brands!

Cheers, with a mug of warm tea!

xoxo, Jayy


Comments

Popular Posts