Tips for Successful Thrift Store ShoppingTuesday, March 08, 2016
Thrift store shopping can be a daunting task, especially because it's so different from shopping in a regular store. As an avid thrift shopper for many years, I've compiled a list of my best tips to help you in your thrifting endeavours. I've fine-tuned my list now that I'm trying to live minimally, and he one time that I went thrift shopping in the past few months, it really worked! This is going to be a detailed post, so let's get to it!
(Click Read More for details!)
- Do I have anything similar at home?
- Does this item have any rips, tears, stains, or any other damage that I cannot fix?
- Will I have to purchase additional items to make an outfit with this item?
- Do I need this item?
- Do I absolutely love this item?
- Does this item go with my own personal sense of style?
6. Make Sure It Works!
When you go home, and before you take the tags off and wash your clothing item, look through your closet and make sure that it truly will be a positive addition to your wardrobe. I try to make a few outfits with that item, to make sure I really will get good use out of it.
If you've made it this far with an item, then it's a keeper. Congratulations - you've shopped wisely!
Cheers to shopping smart!