Scared.

Saturday, January 02, 2016

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

One of my goals for this year is to write an article and submit it to an academic journal.  Today I took a look at the journal I would like to submit to, and I very seriously considered scratching that off my to-do list.  Everyone who has been published in that journal is either a professor or a PhD graduate, meanwhile I'm fresh out of grad school, and I'm still recovering from that trying experience.

I've mentioned several times that I don't want to be mediocre, I want to be great.  But being great takes some serious guts.  It's easy to set goals, but when it comes to tackling them it often means facing a fear, which has never really been my strong suit.  I'm more of a 'go with the flow' kind of girl, which means that facing my fears goes against my nature.

I want to push myself out of my comfort zone, and try new things so I can grow as a person.  So while I don't think I'll be submitting an article to that specific journal, I think it's still important to find another journal that meets my criteria.  Even though I'm going to alter my target a bit, I think it's still important to try and meet my goal.

What's my point?  I'm scared.  But I'm going to do it anyhow.

Cheers,

Jayy

You Might Also Like

0 comments