The Move Towards Minimalism.

Lately I've been obsessed with simplifying my life for a number of reasons.


For one, having a lot of stuff is overwhelming.  It makes me incredibly anxious, and I get frustrated when looking for things.  I find that I have no problem going to sleep in a messy room, but if I wake up in a messy room ... my entire day gets thrown off.  My mental health demands that I have less stuff, and more empty space.


Having a lot of stuff is also not budget friendly.  The less you have, the more you save, both in regards to space and money.  Having less stuff also allows me to save my money and spend it on quality items that will last me a lot longer than the cheaper, trendier items will.

The idea of having less also extends to my fashion sense.  Over the past few months, I've realized that my sense of style has completely transformed from preppy to urban-minimalist.  I love my neutral colours, and I love unique clothing with clean cut lines.  I absolutely cannot stand ruffles, crazy prints, and bright colours - all things that I used to love.  It makes much more sense to get rid of items that no longer suit my sense of style, and replace them with the simpler items that I actually enjoy wearing.

I would really love to focus on buying a few quality classic pieces per season, and wearing them more often, instead of splurging on several items that I won't want to wear once they go out of style.  I'm slowly working my way towards that point, but for now I'm cutting down on buying clothing and accessories.

I also like room decor that is minimal in nature.  I hate when my space looks and feels cluttered, and so I've put away as much as possible, and left out items that are functional, like my books, plants, coffee mug, and candles (as pictured above).  This way my room still looks nice, but its full of items that I actually benefit from leaving out.

The move towards minimalism is a big change for me, but one that is welcomed at this stage in my life.  As I move towards a simpler life, I hope to be able to share it with you!

Cheers to a simpler life.

xoxo, Jayy

Comments

Popular Posts