Brand of the Month - As I Am

I've been natural for over 7 months now, meaning that I've had time to dabble in the natural hair product lines for a while.  In that time I've found some AMAZING products that I really would love to share with you all.  So, I'm starting a monthly series on this blog called 'Brand of the Month', where I'll tell you all about a brand I've been trying, and how I feel about their products!  I know this isn't DIY-related per say, but bear with me as I branch out a bit with this blog :).

This month, I'm featuring As I Am.  As I Am is a product line designed with natural ingredients, for women and men who want to embrace their natural hair texture.  For more abut the brand, I highly recommend you check out their About page, it's a good read!  As I Am is committed to creating products that use ingredients that will foster healthy hair growth and help people embrace their natural hair texture.

I've been using two As I Am products, and I love them both!  This brand is fairly pricey at my local beauty supply store in comparison to some other products, so I use these products sparingly and do not buy them regularly.  However the quality of these products is absolutely amazing, and I definitely recommend both of the products that I've tried.

As I Am Coconut Cowash

Price: At $12.00 per 16 ounce container, it's pricey, but worth every penny.

Use: I use this particular product every other week in place of shampoo to cleanse my roots of any product buildup/natural oils.  It doesn't strip my hair or leave it feeling dry, which is definitely a plus in my book.  Plus the smell is amazing, but it doesn't overwhelm me.  To use, I wet my hair in the shower, then distribute liberally, focusing on my roots.  I detangle, then rinse out, and follow with a deep conditioner (or I slap some regular conditioner in and rinse out after 5 minutes).

Result: Clean, soft, detangled hair.

Product Rating: 5/5






As I Am Twist Defining Cream 

Price: $14.00 at my local beauty supply store

Use: Even though this product is marketed as a twist defining cream, I actually use this as a styling product for my wash and gos.  Trust me when I say this product works amazing for defining my hair!

Styling Tip: Use on wet hair for best definition.  Use after detangling hair and moisturizing with an oil-based product to seal in moisture and better define curls.  Use sparingly - too much will leave a thick residue in your hair.  If blow-drying, use a heat protectant.

Result: Defined curls that will last 5-6 days after wash day.  Slight frizz by day 3, but nothing that a quick touch-up can't handle.  As I only wash my hair once a week, day 7 hair is quite big and messy, but I definitely don't mind that look!  If you prefer defined curls, you may have to wash your hair after 5 days of using this product.

Product Rating: 4/5

Up next on the list of As I Am products I'd love to try are the Coil Defining Jelly, Curling Jelly, and the DoubleButter Cream.

Hope you enjoyed this quick review of the As I Am product line.  If you have any products you'd like for me to try, let me know in the comment section below!

Until next time, cheers to beautiful curly hair!

- xoxo, Jayy


Comments

Popular Posts