Valentines DIY: Easy Chocolate Body Butter



I consider myself to be the official Valentine's Day Scrooge.  I have no patience for the lovey dovey holiday, with its jacked up chocolate/flower prices and the overwhelming presence of annoyingly gushy couples.  I'm the girl dressed in all black with that incredibly angry look on her face every year, without fail, on February 14th.

However this year I decided to put my hate aside and do something nice for my friends.  So, here's my quick and super easy body butter recipe for a chocolate scented body butter.  While some recipes use actual cacao powder, I felt uncomfortable with the idea of using something edible in a gift recipe.  So, I'm cheating a bit, but it's cheating with love! :)

For this DIY, you will need:
1 cup Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula
1/2 cup Shea Butter
1/2 cup Coconut Oil
5-6 drops Vanilla Essence (optional)

Whisk/Fork
Microwaveable Container
Microwave/Double Boiler
Glass Storage Container

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time Needed: 1.5-2 hours

Instructions:
This recipe is just as simple as my other body butter recipes.  Simply melt all butters and oils in either a double boiler or a microwave.



Place in refrigerator to cool for roughly 30 minutes to an hour.


Once cooled, add any essential oils/vanilla essence.  Stir well, and refrigerate for another 30 minutes to half an hour until mixture is completely solid.


Once solid, remove mixture from refrigerator and whisk well with a fork/whisk  If you wish to make whipped body butter, whip your mixture until light and airy (this would be easily done with an electric hand beater).  If you only wish to make a regular body butter, whip until smooth and without lumps.

Spoon into glass containers.  I spooned into a plastic baggie (above), snipped the corner off, and piped the mixture into my containers.  This was a lot cleaner than using a spoon, and I had minimal cleanup.



Keep stored out of direct sunlight.

Shelf life: 6 months.

And that's it!  The Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula will continue to smell like cocoa without the need to add cocoa powder, but it's not 100% natural.  Therefore, the Shea butter and coconut oil will add some natural goodness to the mixture without compromising the chocolate-y scent!

If you want to see how I decorated these mason jars, and what I paired them with for the ultimate Valentine's gift, stay tuned!  Posts coming soon!

For more body butter recipes, check out the following links:

100% Vegan Body Butter
Hair Lightening Butter

That's all for now!  Fingers crossed for a (slightly) less annoying Valentine's Day!

- xoxo, Jayy

Comments

Popular Posts