DIY Beauty: 100% Vegan All Purpose Whipped Body Butter

I recently discovered a beauty supply store near my house that sells natural oils and butters.  Among them was my favourite: White Shea Butter!  I love using this stuff to make body and hair butter, so naturally I snatched up as much as possible.  For $5.99, I got 16 ounces of Shea butter, enough to make lots of great body butters!

Today I decided to make a vegan, 100% natural body butter that can be used for hair and skin.  It was absolutely AMAZING and I'm so glad I kept the recipe for this!  Now most recipes for whipped body butter require a hand mixer or electric beater, but I'll show you how to create a light and airy mixture that you can easily beat by hand!




For this DIY, you will need:
1 cup white Shea butter
1 cup coconut oil
4 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp sweet almond oil
4 tbsp grape seed oil

1 small whisk or a fork
1 large microwave safe bowl
A microwave, or a double boiler
Glass container(s) to store





Let's get started!

1. In your microwave safe bowl, combine your Shea butter and coconut oil.  If using a microwave, heat for 20 seconds or until softened, and then add your olive, almond, and grape seed oil.  If using a double boiler, heat all ingredients in your microwave safe bowl over boiling water until your Shea butter and coconut oil are melted.

2. Once all ingredients are combined well, put your bowl into the refrigerator for about two hours.  Every 30 minutes, remove your bowl from the refrigerator and beat it with your whisk or fork, making sure to scrape down the sides and the bottom of the bowl (they will harden first).

3. After your two hours are up, let the mixture stand overnight or completely set.

4. Once your mixture has completely set up, beat again with a whisk or fork until it forms a smooth, light consistency (see above pictures).  Transfer to your storage container, and let it set up one more time.

And that's it!  Hope this DIY was easy and fun for you all!  If you're interested, check out my previous body butter recipe here.

With the Valentine's season coming up, I hope to have some more quick and easy DIY gifts for your friends or that special someone.  Stay tuned for those, as I will be uploading those very soon!

Until then, cheers to moisturized skin!

- xoxo, Jayy

Comments

Popular Posts