Photographs of My One Year Curly Journey!

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

This post is extremely late, but I wanted to share my natural hair progress with you all!  I've been completely natural for about 18 months now, and the growth is amazing!!  I can't want to share some more recent pics with you all, but for now let me backtrack and show you pictures of my first year of being natural :)

  Let's start with the before:

June 2014


A little snip snip in August 2014

A little snip in August 2014
And we're natural!!

 September 2014

 October 2014

October 2014
 ... in the thick of grad school :(

October 2014

December 2014


December 2014 - My 22nd Birthday :)

Winter 2015, post hair wash

Winter 2015

February 2015

February 2015


March 2015

March 2015 - Pre-wash, so my hair was very fluffy!

Winter 2015 ... This was right before I washed my hair!


February 2015 - right after washing & stretching my hair :)

February 2015 ... check out that shrinkage!

Summer 2015

Curls! Summer 2015
One year Natural!  Length check - Armpit length :)

September 2015 - into my second year of being natural.
I hope this post brought you some inspiration and motivation!  One year seems like a long time, but look how much my hair grew in that year!  I retained about 5.5 inches of length (though I did not get exact measurements), and my hair is healthier and curlier!  Most importantly, I'm happy that I took this step to self-acceptance.  My first year being natural was an absolute blast, and I look forward to many more.

Cheers to happiness in our most natural forms,

xoxo, Jayy

You Might Also Like

0 comments